Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Project madness

I have made some progress on my projects. I went a little picture crazy. 

First up is my refurbishing. The only way to explain how hideous the bed set is would be to walk around my room. The next best thing of course is a picture. I have 3 pieces in this set but since the dresser was the one easiest to photograph I decided to go with it. Please disregard Bonnie the Bunny She begged to be pictured... who could say no to something so cuddly? 

I don't know if the picture properly shows it but the paint is a light peach with some scary peach highlights. This was the best one I could get due to lighting difficulties. Don't worry. You are not imagining things the right drawer is taken out and is currently being stripped.

This is currently my work station. See that beautiful wood underneath the paint!! I know. I was excited too. But that's not the best part. The ornate parts of the dresser are also a beautiful brass.
As you can see the left knob has not been cleaned of grossness but the right one has. OMG this is going to be so beautiful!
I could resist adding this detail from the drawer I am working on. It's different and neat. I can't wait to see what it will look like without all that gunk ahem.. I mean paint on it.

____________________________________________________________________
My next project is taking shape. I felt the need to be creative. I wanted to make a scarf that screamed to the world I AM NOT VANILLA I CAN BE RASPBERRY CHOCOLATE RUM! Ok I realize that would be a nasty combo and it is not the name of my new knitting project. So without further ado.. 
I took this ball and turned it into
I cord. I did some google searching to find out if anyone else had this bright idea and what they came up with. Unfortunately I did not like anything I found. I searched my pattern books tried a few things but I kept thinking how much I wanted something twisty. 


My WIP. I know the picture isn't the clearest but you get the general idea. Don't worry much more updates to come!!! 








No comments: