Sunday, January 25, 2009

Where Did She Go?

Hiya everyone,

I took a little break from knitting because of summer and then well.. I just got lazy. 

I am currently working on three projects that I am pretty excited about. I am breaking my own rule of not doing more than one project at a time. I unfortunately do not have pictures and I am kicking myself in the butt for that. 


Project 1: Knit a hat and scarf combo that will be fashionable and actually cover my ears/ keep me warm. I have been using yarn from my stash. So far the hat is perfect and I am working on the scarf. 

Project 2: Crochet a blanket. I decided to go back to my roots of fiber work and crochet. The blanket is stripped with brown, tope, and forest green. The inspiration for it came from my boyfriend. He seems to have an unnatural obsession with stripes. So I have dubbed this project "The Marty". I plan to make matching pillows and have this be a bed spread.

Project 3: Refurbishing my bedroom furniture. For some crazy ass reason my mom decided a long time ago that she would make her bedroom peach and cover the beautiful wood dresser, night-stand and upright dresser with peach paint and peach accents. It's horrible. I have lived with this furniture since I was about 12 years old. I have always wanted to change it but thought it would be too big of an undertaking. Well it's 6mo until moving in time with the boyfriend and I have decided the peach has got to go! I am about 1/2 way done with one dresser drawer. I've been using nail polish remover and a tooth brush to get the yuck off. It's been working great. I will never understand peoples need to paint wood...

Project 4: Organize and reduce clutter. This is a mini project. It actually is taking a lot more time then I thought it would and I am getting a bit tired of it. My room alone is on day 4 of organizing and I'm ready to pull my hair out. I am dreaming of the day when it's all done and I can just sit in bed and read/ knit...

So those are my three and one mini currently working on projects. I want to update more frequently and post pictures. I love reading blogs and the more I read them the more I want to update my own. Perhaps it will stimulate my creative juices. :)

No comments: