Thursday, May 21, 2009

More Project Madness

So I have been trying to figure out a way to not add to my stash. It's rough working in a yarn store with all of the pretty yarn everywhere. But I am trying to just add up what I spent from the first couple of weeks working there and pay myself back. I think I have 2 more pay checks and then um... I want to buy the entire store. 


I would list the projects 
I have but out of embarrassment I will only talk about what I am either finished with or currently working on. 

I am making for work a cardigan called the fan. I am using Bouton D'or's Songe (I know this means nothing) It's a beautiful lace weight yarn with a bit of a shine. 
 This is what the fan looks like in the book. I am using lace weight yarn with tiny needles. I keep trying to tell myself to focus on the finish line cause I am only on the third repeat of the fan pattern after two weeks of work.

For the fashion show at work we are making a lot of stuff from the one skein wonders. These patterns are quick and you learn some great new techniques. I have so far made the bunny blanket, the cross stitch scarf and I will be working on the cowl and eyelet cardi.  If you haven't checked out the one-skein wonders designer series you are missing out. Buy the book. You won't be sorry. If you want to see some examples of the patterns or see how things look in different colors stop by Mosaic Yarn Studio in Desplaines, IL. We can help you pick out yarn and show you what we found to be the most popular patterns. :)

I need to take more pictures....

No comments: