Monday, June 8, 2009

Garter Stitch

I have been reading a lot of Elizabeth Zimmerman lately and she mentions two things a lot 1. Shetland Sheep wool and 2. garter stitch.

Well my curiosity has overwhelmed me. I have spent about 1 month starring at spindrift shetland wool. rose pink and chocolate brown. I love the contrast between these two colors. The chocolate brown is a natural undyed color...

So after hours and hours of searching through patterns... and trying to be inspired I have settled on a vest worked from side to side. This will create vertical stripes. I want it to be artsy and freeing... I am not going to plan out how big the different strips will be I am just going to go and change the colors when I feel like it.

I am using as a template the Asymmetrical Vest from Sally Melviles the knit stitch.

Right now I am working on my swatch. I plan to wash it and get a true measurement. I will be documenting this experience since it is allowing me to express creativity as well as challenge myself to not be afraid of color. If it comes out beautiful yay if it doesn't it is still about the experience not the end result so I will be proud either way.

No comments: