Tuesday, August 30, 2011

So That Happened....

I had such a productive day yesterday. I dragged out and organized my stash. I did the dishes and made a grocery list. I Carefully made more storage space for all of our wedding gifts. (most of which are still in boxes but shh don't tell anyone.)

I then took a picture of the yarn because OMG how did this become so much? Also what am I going to do with the stuff I know I have no intention of ever making... um yeah that's you cotton yarn... You're going to be baby sweaters.. mwah ha ha ha ha...This is only about 2/3rds of the boxes and bags of stuff I brought out from everywhere that I could think there was yarn. I sorted it (in case you were wondering what my new system is) into worsted without project, worsted with project, baby yarn, sock yarn, lace weight, projects I want to do next and separated out left overs into wool and non-wool. I felt productive. It took about 4 hours but our apartment doesn't feel so cluttered. (I am ignoring the wall of boxes right next to me to be unpacked).

The magazines are now instead of in a stack around the apartment are in their nice new containers.

I even brought out a cookbook to make Marty dinner and was fully intending to look at it. After of course I sat down a knit a little. I practiced lever knitting. I noticed hey I am starting to get faster at this.. maybe I should try to do more than 4 rows. A few hours later Marty came home and I was not cooking or cleaning or even really moving all that much.

I um.. hurt myself knitting. Yes you read that right... I hurt myself knitting. For some unknown reason my pinkie finger betrayed me. I only did lever knitting yesterday for a couple of hours. Today I have limited range of motion in my right shoulder a slightly ouchy pinky and a very sad wrist.

Notice the crazy position my pinkie finger is in and how far back my wrist is. The pinkie is directly connected to the shoulder muscles so bad pinkie posture = hurt Melissa. Oh btw that little cute sweater on my needles is for charity.

I think I am going to stick with my good ol' non-hurting way of knitting. I can knit fast enough darn it!

Now I just need to sit here... doing nothing while my shoulder stops giving me dirty looks and stop staring at my stash.

Good news is... I did get to the yarn store... :) mmm Yarn.. and buttons... and yarn... that I can't knit. :(

In my defense most of these are yarns for baby sweaters. The 1 skein of Malabrigo sock yarn.. a shawl book that was on sale and two skeins of Nuna to go with the other 5 to make http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/stripe-study-shawl. Were all on my list that hubby knew about. Marty and I talk about these things.

Now I must go on a yarn diet which I promised myself I would do after I got the Nuna and Malabrigo sock. The yarn accumulation vs. finished product is stressing me out. I decided I must have more finished stuff before I can begin buying more. Oh and NO MORE LEVER KNITTING.








No comments: