Monday, February 9, 2009

DIY: Make Old New!

I have been trying to figure out what I can use at home to make the things I need. For example I really want to get curtains to cover my closet. The doors came off a long time ago because they kept getting stuck... but now I am stuck with looking into a messy closet all the time. 

My roommate and I keep all of the plastic bags we get. It's turned out to be an insane number and taking up valuable space. I am currently making strips out of the bags using the "peel like an orange method" which basically is cutting off the loops and the bottom and making it into a cylinder then cutting it in the round like you would peel an orange. It's great because it reduces the amount of tying. I can't decide if I want to bead it or just leave it as is....

I am also thinking about making a backpack for school. I do have a ton of fabric from when I thought I was going to be a quilter but I just never had the passion for it that I do for knitting. I was thinking I could still make something but since Marty is going to be moving in soon.. I don't think he'd appreciate anything pink. So yes backpack may be the answer.

I also have a bunch of mugs I don't use and I have been interested in mosaics... The mugs would be perfect to break into little pieces. But the question is... what would I make then?

No comments: