Sunday, September 4, 2011

In Which I Spend Way Too Long Complaining

I have been in stasis. I swear I don't know which is worse. Not being able to do much with my arm including having all sorts of odd pains or the boredom that goes along with it. I am starting to lose my mind here. Apparently, knitting does a lot to keep me sane... and right now I don't feel too in touch with reality. That's not true but I feel like everything is moving in slow..... agonizing..... motion.


Marty and I did do something productive. We got a new mattress today. A very nice shower gift from his parents. It was fun actually picking it out and being outside. I have to be honest my arm is getting better. It's just very slow going.

Knitting on my mind
I have one more baby sweater to send out. It is all knitted and sewn up. Just needs buttons sew on and ends woven in.

I want to finish my Stephen West mystery shawl. What held me up was the desire to have the bolder teal contrast with the border color. The issue was I did not have enough yardage but I tried my hardest to go for it. I even Russian joined the two ends of my yarn to make it go just a bit further. I ended up 4 rows short of making a full repeat and I struggled with the decision to search for the yarn I bought 2 years ago, frog it and just let it be harmonizing with pink on darker pink or just say F&^* it and have one stripe too small. I went with the last option. I think I will be happy with it. I just wish with my decision made I could actually finish the darn thing and have that therapeutic feeling of putting the needles back in their case and all the other little project gadgets go back to their homes.

I have been really dead set focused on making shipwrecked http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring09/PATTshipwreck.php since March. I have decided that because I want to use my stash yarn I will be using the 5 skeins of silky alpaca lace for it. Marty (my color expert :P) agrees that the beads should be clear and shiny to look like water glistening. I am thinking I will use a bunch of colored beads with this idea as the follow through.

I don't really have pictures today. I'm sorry. I know blogs are always more exciting with pictures. I mean why else look at words on a computer right? So just for shits and giggles I'll leave you with this...

Which says how I feel exactly.

No comments: