Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Catch up! Hurry!

Okay I feel a bit in over my head. I decided today that I must finish things faster. My method of working on 4 things at the same time is not at all efficient. My usual setup is to surround myself with 1-2 works of fiction, a project book for either research or to follow a pattern, have the tv on and paused at various times to stop knitting and read from one of the 3 books around me, my computer to um... "do research", and my iTouch to play games. Now see I do a cycle... and I feel frantic. I put down one thing and start another only to forget what I really meant to do. For example, today I was working on my Zig Zag Lacy socks and then decided to take a break and make an    eyeglass chain, but as I was looking up the pattern on my iTouch I got notified that something in some game was done... so I went to check that out, followed by a quick glance at facebook and then I proceeded to knit the ruffle scarf near my socks. That wasn't even close to what I intended! The good news is I finally have cast on for the eyeglasses and am making speedy progress.

Ok end of rant. I feel better. At least I don't feel as stuck anymore. There is a way out of this mess. Scheduling my time better and also not have so many friggin things around me at once. grr argh.

Finishing

I finally blocked my Coquille shawl from knitty first fall 2010. I used Mini Mochi to make it. I have to say I am in love with the ruffles. Not the best picture but I am having trouble getting the right lighting.

I finished another pair of vanilla socks from sock yarn I found at Tuesday Morning. Over 400 yards for $7.99. I believe they are Poem Marathon socks. They are very light weight and feel like a nice big foot hug. 

Knitting On My Mind

I am so behind again on my in-law''s blanket. I have not picked it back up since I started playing with wire. I also am suffering from some seriously dry hands. To remedy this dry hands problem I have been using Berts Bee's lemon cuticle cream and almond butter hand cream. I then place my hands in a cotton glove over night to seal in the moisturizers  I have had to do this for 15 minute mini sessions too lately. It is helping but jeeze! I don't remember the last time my hands were this bad.

To be knit list

1. Eye glass necklace (I am becoming an old person that cannot remember where she put her glasses)
2. Zig Zag Lacy socks
3. Ruffle scarf
4. Ruby.

I am not starting anything new until Ruby is finished. No matter how tempting. Also socks count on this one.
:( Guess DH will have to wait for his second pair of socks just a tiny bit longer.

Fancy

So I decided to take a picture of my pins in a way that you can kinda see the progression. The three on top are my favorite and the first two were created yesterday. The other two were experiments and I am not sure how I feel about them.

Close up of the top two pins.



I wore the loopy one today (first picture with the green yarn) and I felt like a million bucks. I gotta say it took me to a new level of pride. I was strutting with my hand made socks, pi shawl and hand made shawl pin. :D Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture. But you get the idea.













No comments: